On December 18, 2019 the official launch of MORINGA products from Stella Maris Institute of Development and Studies under the brand SANTOVITA took place in Thiruvananthapuram in the presence of :
- His Beatitude Mar Basalious Cardinal Cleamis (Major Archibishop-Catholicos of Syro Malankara Catholic Church),
- Shri Ramachandran Kadannappally, Minister for Ports, Museums, Archeology and Archives
- Rev. Sr Anila Christy DM, Provincial Superior Daughters of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary. St Joseph's Province
- Shri. G.S. Unnikkrishnan Nair, Director Samethi, Kerala
- Sr Rose Francis Superior of Stella Maris Convent
- Mr Jean Scohy, export consultant in moringa project, CEO of the French Company "100pcentbio"
- Dr P. Kamalasanan Pillai Principal Scientist and co-ordinator of moringa project
- Dr Sr Archana Das, executive Director of SMIDS
- Sr Jincy Rose
Many participants came to attend this presentation and many left with their purchases of moringa powder, oil or even facial cream.
After the presentation ceremony, cakes and snacks made from moringa were offered and they were widely appreciated.
So, from now on, Santovita Products are processed in Stella Maris Convent in Kanyakumari, the moringa coming from the fields of surrounding small farmers, united in cooperative.
A professional meeting took place immediatly after the ceremony, registering the first orders for the domestic market.
Organic certifications formalities are underway in order to present themselves with the best chances of success on international markets. (An article is already present on our blog).